The 2048×2048 pixel HAWAII-2RG™ (H2RG) is the next generation, state-of-the-art readout integrated circuit for visible and infrared instrumentation in ground-based and space telescope applications.
- Large (2048×2048 pixel) array with 18 µm pixel pitch.
- Compatible with Teledyne Imaging Sensors (TIS) HgCdTe infrared (IR) and silicon PIN HyViSI™ visible detectors, providing sensing of any spectral band from soft X-ray to 10 µm.
- Standard product HgCdTe cutoffs are 1.75 µm, 2.5 µm, and 5.3 µm
- Substrate-removed HgCdTe enhances the J-band QE, enables response into the visible spectrum (70% QE down to 400 nm) and eliminates fluorescence from cosmic radiation absorbed in the substrate.
- Reference rows and columns for common-mode noise rejection.
- Guide window output – windowing with simultaneous science date acquisition of full array. Programmable window which may be read out at up to 5 MHz pixel rate for guiding. Readout is designed to allow interleaved readout of the guide window and the full frame science data.
- Selectable number of outputs (1, 4, or 32) and user-selectable scan directions provide complete flexibility in data acquisition.
- Full-frame readout rates up to 74 Hz. Pixel rates up to 480 kHz in slow mode and 10 MHz in fast mode.
- Built with modularity in mind – the array is 4-side-buttable (with 3-side close buttable) to allow assembly of large mosaics of modules.
- Fully compatible with the TIS SIDECAR™ ASIC Focal Plane Electronics
- Packaging materials available: molybdenum or invar.
Published Information – Cleared for Public Release by the DoD’s Office of Security Review (Case #12-S-1869).